i just can't think of a creative title, sorry

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

vacuums

its been a little while, so i am going to start off with a story of ridiculousness.

picture it: it's saturday afternoon, i'm just hanging out, waiting to go to my friend's house to play rock band. i'm in a good mood. someone knocks on my door. i answer. a man says "hey, we are promoting a cleaning service. we'll shampoo that area rug i see in your living room for free and if you like it, we'll give you our card. we are not selling anything."

here is my first mistake: i said ok. so, a guy comes to clean, but what does he carry into my home? a kirby vacuum. oh.my.gosh. he seriously stayed at my place for over an hour showing me all the bells and whistles of the kirby vacuum. he actually tried to vacuum my poor dog. i drew the line there. and he kept asking annoying rhetorical questions like, "now that you see what the kirby can do, do you really want to use your vacuum?" oh, and he said that he make 3,000 dollars a week and that he also bought all new clothes every week. which didn't make sense to me, because he had to use my phone to call his ride because he ran out of minutes. um, sure.

so at the end of his presentation, he says, "you look like you get what you want, so are you going to buy a kirby?" i, of course, say no and that i would never make a large purchase without talking to my husband. wow, his whole demeanor changed. he got all moody and childish. he left filters full of dirt all up and down my staircase AND about 4 downstairs.

it was a horrible experience. and all i can say is never, EVER, let someone try to sell you a kirby. it isn't worth the free carpet shampoo. not at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh steph. i come here lookin for a good story and you always deliver. that was ridiculous!
xoxox

August 27, 2008 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha so Adam and I did the same thing . . . except we totally bought one! (not from the guy though, we bought it on ebay for like $300) . . . but still - we're such suckers! I thought we were the only ones to ever let them in! haha

August 28, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home