i just can't think of a creative title, sorry

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Deux

Wow, two posts in one day. This is crazy! (Although, I had wrote most of my other post last week, but didn't finish until today.)

I do not usually cook and I (sometimes) feel guilty. But, it is tough because I am vegan and Zach is not. (I am not hard-core vegan. Last week I took a break and ate dairy. I seriously went crazy. I blame the lactose and delicious cheese.) Anyways, tonight I made a vegan quiche so Zach wouldn't have to have another taco, avocado sandwich, or out-of-the-box Thai noodle meal for dinner.

Here is what I used for the quiche:

- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 onion
- 10 oz spinach
- some artichoke
- 2 cloves garlic
- handful of vegan cheese
- The equivalent of 4 eggs of egg-substitute

The last two ingredients are not always fun. I didn't use a lot of the cheese because it usually grosses me out. But, next time I am going to use a little more. As for the egg substitute, it sort of let me down, but it was my first time using it. I mean, I knew I wasn't going to get the same consistency of regular quiche, but I was hoping to get close. Next time I am going to add more egg substitute, but aside from the not so quichey consistency, it was really yummy. And one day I will upload a picture, but my lap-top is d-e-a-d at the age of 1.5 years and Zach's computer is a dinosaur, so I am having some issues. Oh, how I would love a Mac.

Well, I should go because Zach thinks that just because his foreign co-worker pronounces "focus" as "fu-cus" (Don't say it out-loud!!! It sounds like a very bad cuss word!!) he can say it that way too, but he shouldn't.

Nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home