i just can't think of a creative title, sorry

Monday, December 28, 2009

Chicken

I just cooked and pulled a whole chicken for the first time in my life. I feel like I can conquer anything now! I feel domesticated and motherly. I feel tired.

This incredible feat never would have happened without my friends and family. I would like to God first and foremost. Thank you, Grammy for giving me some Italian genes. I can practically hear my ancestors applauding (think: Mulan.) To Zach, for always adding more salt... Everything tastes less salty when you are gone. To Mom, for always giving me advice on things I should already know. And of course, to those brave enough to eat my cooking, without you all this is for nothing.

(Side note: in the middle of my thank you speech, I heard someone at my door. Since it is close to 11 PM, I totally freaked out/my heart is still pounding. Of course, I didn't see anyone, but I know my door made a noise, and my guess now is that someone slammed their car door and it did something to the front door. Nonetheless, I am sleeping with a gun next to my pillow. My new resolution for 2010: get a carry permit and hit up the shooting range. Seriously.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kels said...

hahah. Steph. You crack me up! I think that was the best speech ever. :)

December 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home