i just can't think of a creative title, sorry

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Experience...

at Passion 2010.

Worshipping with 20,000+ people will NEVER GET OLD. It is so powerful and freeing and... and... awesome, for lack of a better word.

I got to see Beth Moore speak. Twice. I LOVE her. She tells it like it is, and challenges my walk with the Lord. One particular story she shared is still on my heart... She talked about a boy who has multiple seizures in one minute and how he got to participate in the Special Olympics. He ran a race and did his best, but came in last. At the medal ceremony though, he got the gold medal. His mom asked why he was first place if he finished last, to which they told her: he was the only one who stayed in his lane... Oh ya'll, I wish I could type what Beth said next word for word, but just imagine her southern accent saying... We have to stay in our lane, do not compare our race to any other runners, but keep our eyes on Jesus, and stay in our own lane!
I LOVE IT. Every single time I find myself comparing myself to others, which unfortunately I do sometimes still, I remind myself to stay in my lane. I wish ya'll could have heard her, I know I'm not doing her justice.

Well, even though I was only there for 2 days, I feel like I am still processing everything. The conclusion I keep coming to is this: I want more Jesus and He is better than everything and anything.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home