i just can't think of a creative title, sorry

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Second Guess

I just sang "Happy Birthday" to one of my BFFs Brooke on her voicemail. Half way through my wonderful rendition, I thought, "man, I really hope I didn't call the wrong person." I do the same thing almost every time I walk into a public restroom. I look at the woman's restroom sign, walk in the door and then panic and think "oh my goodness, did I accidentally go into the men's bathroom?" and look around frantically for those gross urinal things and plan an exit strategy. I always do this at Outback because they make the restroom signs cryptic.

This all sounds silly, and it is, but I just realized that I have a tendency to second guess my decisions and actions WHILE I am in the midst of them. I can't decide if this is good or bad. I'm going to not good...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

1. glad you're back!
2. restrooms: never happened before, but recently @outback (or something like it) i walked into the ladies restroom and found a man blowing his nose, washing his hands, and i immediately said, "what are you doing in here?!" he, of course, responded with, "what do you mean? i'm in the right room. you're not." after which i panicked like you. we walked out together to examine the sign: i was RIGHT! he was embarassed, which was awesome, so i went in and used the bathroom. when i came out, i had to walk past his table--awkward!!--wherein his entire family laughed all over again. i completely understand your paranoia.
3. don't second guess yourself. you're awesome. and smart. and beautiful. and you can do anything. and, ps, just assume you're right when it comes to the whole bathroom thing. the guy will feel bad when he's wrong and it's awesome ;) hehehehe

January 17, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home